TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 26, 2022
Highly unlikely for most firms, especially missing the first week of one scheme as you need to go through a whole load of onboarding processes.

But it has been known - its just rare.
Osborne Clarke will let participants complete part-time schemes, or half of a scheme, if that's all their circumstances allow.

Narwhal

Nov 26, 2022
On Stephenson Harwood's form, the last question is written like this:

Are there any other particular matters you wish to mention?
  • Are there any reasonable adjustments that you would like the firm to make during the selection process?
  • If you are changing careers, you may wish to tell us about your decision?
  • If you have taken a gap year, you may wish to tell us about what you did?
  • Do you have any additional information that you have not included elsewhere in the form that the interviewer should be aware of?

I'm not sure if this space should be used as a further opportunity to market myself? I'm getting the vibe that it's more to explain admin details like mitigating circumstances.

Flavius Aurelius

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2022
I got assigned two, I think it's because I listed their spring Scheme as my first choice and summer as the second choice.

can you let me know if grad recruitment replies to you after you contact them?
Just got an email update yesterday: basically, if we just do one of the two we will be ok. The second test was a tech error in the system.

sop2232

Nov 7, 2022
Nearing the end of a deadline, please please can someone give advice on what the numerical side of the Simmons & Simmons assessment is like? Kind of nervous as I really don't do well with numbers so would be great to at least be a little prepared. Thanks!
Hey, I did the Simmons test and got the AC afterwards. The numerical stuff is pretty straight forward, Im not the best at maths either but since it isnt timed I found it relatively stress free because you have all the time you need to work stuff out using a calculator or even just mentally. Theres definitely nothing crazy in there to worry about from what I remember

• 🤝
Reactions: aishaalexandra

Aga123+

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Aug 2, 2021
    Has anyone done the VI for Weil yet, any tips? Im so nervous lol
    For the Weil VI, there is lots of info if you search on the TLCA forum from others who have completed it this cycle. (For this cycle, the vi has consisted of questions like why commercial law, why weil and what skills would you bring as a trainee at Weil)

Tips: Make sure your 'why law' and 'why weil' points are both concise summaries that can fit into 60 secs.

prettymuchit

Standard Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 23, 2022
    For the Weil VI, there is lots of info if you search on the TLCA forum from others who have completed it this cycle. (For this cycle, the vi has consisted of questions like why commercial law, why weil and what skills would you bring as a trainee at Weil)

Tips: Make sure your 'why law' and 'why weil' points are both concise summaries that can fit into 60 secs.
    Thank you. Do you mean 60 secs each or my answer for both questions should fit into 60 secs total?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.