TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sachin Chandra

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
Apr 16, 2020
It varies firm to firm. The percentile will be different depending on the benchmark group. If this is a bunch of partners, your percentile may be lower than if the benchmark group is a few trainees. 75% is a good score, though. From memory, I think that would place you in 88-90th percentile with Linklaters, although it could place you in the 34th percentile at another firm (not a real life example, just illustrating the point).
Thanks J Cox. I understand now. I appreciate the input

sdsou

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
Jul 31, 2021
mine was 3 days after test link was sent
I received an email from HL for a WG two days ago and today is the last day for me to complete it. However, I have been trying to get in contact with graduate rec by both emailing and calling for reasonable adjustments but no response. Should I just complete the WG without extra time or keep trying to call?

Hey! Just to clarify - I received the email on 09 January, does that mean today (11 January) is the last day to complete the test or tomorrow (12 January)?

NMA

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Nov 19, 2020
Hey! Just to clarify - I received the email on 09 January, does that mean today (11 January) is the last day to complete the test or tomorrow (12 January)?
I thought it meant 72 hours from when you get it, so I assume we still have until tomorrow to do it. Regardless I was gonna do it today just in case haha

lawyering

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Oct 29, 2020
@AvniD @Jessica Booker wondered if you had some thoughts on the following:

I am writing about my motivations for a firm and want to dedicate a paragraph to its 'professional development opportunities'. Within this I normally include trainee intake size, size of teams (e.g., lean teams), structure of teams (e.g., 1:1:1 partner : associate : trainee ratio), mentoring, initiatives targeted to particular groups.

However, the firm also has a six-seat structure (which is a professional development opportunity in itself) and I have a lot to say on why I'd be suited to this. Do you think it would be okay to one paragraph on the six-seat structure and another on all other development opportunities?

Thanks in advance :)

HLL

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Mar 26, 2021
Hi Im not sure. But I would complete it today if I were you. Their wg is quite standard, pearson talens timed for 30minutes :)

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 26, 2022
I'm waiting for replies for every law firm I have applied to, and the next stage for all of them bar one is assessment centre. Any tips for keeping calm during the waiting game? My email app has never seen so much screen time
I try to only check my emails during my work breaks. Log out of your emails on your laptop, and hide your phone in another room! It can mean a lot of admin at the end of a day, but I find it's worth it to keep stress down.

a06k01

• Jun 9, 2022
    I applied on the 28th December and yes Summer VS. I must add that the email I received only stated that they want me to do the test but they didnt send me an actual test - said itll come soon.
    Hi congrats! I also got the email saying that they would send a link for the WG test but haven't heard anything yet. Just wanted to confirm if that's the case for everyone?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.