TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

mustardcustard

• Sep 10, 2021
    Hi, does anyone or perhaps @Jessica Booker know if Allen & Overy (or MC firms in general) consider your application (written app, WG scores, extracurriculars, etc.) as a whole when deciding to make vac scheme offers, or do they mostly consider AC performance given that they might not have time to consider all applications holistically/all other tests prior to the AC are simply treated as benchmarks?

Rather nervous because my AC didn't go so well so it would be great if they consider my AC performance in the context of my application as a whole🙁

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 26, 2022
    Does anyone have any advice for Davis Polk interview? I was told I would be seeing 3 lawyers for 20 minutes each, please PM me if you've experienced their interview. I am not at an Oxbridge uni so quite daunted by the fact that 75-90% of their intake seems to be oxbridge educated (at least from linkedin).
    If it makes you feel any better, I'm ex-Oxbridge, and I think the only thing that makes an Oxbridge student/graduate stand out is their confidence. If you remember that you're there because they've chosen you out of hundreds/thousands of applicants, you'll not be at any disadvantage :) Best of luck with the interview!

CorpLawyer00

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Aug 8, 2022
    If it makes you feel any better, I'm ex-Oxbridge, and I think the only thing that makes an Oxbridge student/graduate stand out is their confidence. If you remember that you're there because they've chosen you out of hundreds/thousands of applicants, you'll not be at any disadvantage :) Best of luck with the interview!
    thanks for this and I think you are right!

• 🤝
    Reactions: HopefulFutureTrainee123
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.