TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubbles

Legendary Member
Jan 19, 2022
How long does it take for Mishcon to get back to you regarding a VI post app? I submitted my application almost 1.5 weeks ago and haven't heard anything but I know someone on here applied around the same time as me and got an invite.. should I just assume a PFO?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker How should I go about trying to get a reimbursement from a firm? I attended an open day last November and their email said they'd cover my travel costs. I've sent follow-up emails to check up on it but no response. Obviously I'm grateful that they'd cover it and I don't want to be pushy, but I could really do with the money back.
Ahh... one of my biggest frustrations (although something I am also guilty of letting slip!)

Have you been emailing a specific person or just a general graduate recruitment email? If the latter, I would try to follow up with someone specific within the graduate recruitment team and ask whether the reimbursement can be looked into/processed as soon as possible. It is not pushy to ask, and really firms should be better at arranging this!

law12345

Premium Member
Nov 23, 2022
My friend did it and she mentioned to definitely brush up on your commerical awareness and keep up with legal developments :)
I did it November time but I'd say do brush up on commercial awareness as they asked me about anything that was recently interesting to me. They had my CV in front of them so worth making sure you can elaborate further on any experiences if they ask. They asked a bit about their competitors and what job I'd do if I wasn't aiming for law. Generally not too bad, they were really nice!

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 26, 2022
A part of a question says "You should outline why you believe that this experience has helped you develop the skills required to be a successful lawyer". Do I need to say why the skill would help me to be a successful lawyer, or just say how I've developed the skill through the experience? Thanks. @Jessica Booker

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.