TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daisy_yawn

Anyone have any tips for Jones Day interview? Mine's next week!
Saw that you'd DM'd me but will just reply here! It was the least technical interview I've had (as in zero commercial questions like recent news story or competitors, practice areas etc.), very chill and competency based, my interviewers were super friendly and really just wanted to get to know me. Not much to prep commercial knowledge-wise, just have some competencies ready. All in all the easiest interview I've had.

Reactions: refy

Ameliaa

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 4, 2022
Saw that you'd DM'd me but will just reply here! It was the least technical interview I've had (as in zero commercial questions like recent news story or competitors, practice areas etc.), very chill and competency based, my interviewers were super friendly and really just wanted to get to know me. Not much to prep commercial knowledge-wise, just have some competencies ready. All in all the easiest interview I've had.
This is so different to what my friend had! She was asked specifically about legal developments and commerical awareness stories. She interviewed for the winter vac scheme but they asked her to join the spring one

NMA

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Nov 19, 2020
@Jessica Booker How should I go about trying to get a reimbursement from a firm? I attended an open day last November and their email said they'd cover my travel costs. I've sent follow-up emails to check up on it but no response. Obviously I'm grateful that they'd cover it and I don't want to be pushy, but I could really do with the money back.

stone’sthrow

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Nov 9, 2019
    womble bond dickinson doesn’t close their applications until end of feb, so still plenty of time:)
    Thanks I didn’t know they were still open! @Ambs123 I actually just read through their online guidance and you can’t re-record your VI answers - it’s an SJT and then you have a video interview with two minutes to answer which you can’t view or change.

Ambs123

Legendary Member
    Feb 19, 2021
    Thanks I didn’t know they were still open! @Ambs123 I actually just read through their online guidance and you can’t re-record your VI answers - it’s an SJT and then you have a video interview with two minutes to answer which you can’t view or change.
    Agh sorry! Last year you could re-record once. They must have changed it this year

• 🤝
    Reactions: stone’sthrow
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.