TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

futuretrainee202X

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2022
You shouldn’t be grateful and don’t feel you’re being pushy. Keep on emailing until you get it.

I had beg V&E for months for them to reimburse me. Hundreds of million/billions in revenue and they can’t reimburse in a reasonable time. In a cost of living crisis too!
I kept reminding a firm to pay me for a 100-pound train ticket. It took two attempts and a phone call over a course of 2 months, but eventually, it happened. Just keep sending gentle nudges and email to specific people as they will take much swifter action than to a generic grad rec inbox.

Sarah T

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Aug 9, 2020
    I did Fieldfisher Strengths Assessment today, the email says they take 7 days to come back with the outcome. Is that about right for anyone who has done a Telephone Interview with them and also how was the telephone interview when you did it?

tofu

Premium Member
    Dec 19, 2022
    this is very helpful, thank you!!

I was wondering about the timings since the email I got says it's timed for 60 minutes but they don't time it for us and we have to time ourselves and ensure it's submitted within 60 mins? Does that mean the software will just click away without warning if we don't upload our document within 60 minutes? And there's no timer on the page for us?

Thanks in advance!!
    i uploaded my document in time (within 60min) so i’m not sure what will happen after 60min but judging by the portal they use and how it’s just a simple upload, i doubt the software will disappear once then 60min is up. i think there will be a timestamp instead to indicate when you uploaded your document! this is probably how grad rec would monitor whether you submitted on time.

no probs, happy to help!

rollss

Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 20, 2022
    Hello! Do you have any advice or tips for the Bakers VI?
    I don’t think you can really prepare for it much. Just go over why BM and practice some competency questions. Make sure to try include examples where you can but the time is so restricted so make sure you’re covering everything but briefly. I hope you do well!

Reactions: traineedreamer
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.