TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

eleven14og

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Dec 8, 2021
    Hi all, I am really lost right now so desperately need advice!! I am an international student graduated LLB in July 2022, currently on graduate visa (expires in Nov 2024). I am now a paralegal in a national firm's regional office (they don't sponsor work visa for paralegal roles or TC).

Considering that I only have less than 2 years to stay the UK, should I apply to more firms to increase my chances? This cycle I only applied to around 10 firms I am genuinely interested in, so far not looking very promising😢

kokothemagicdragon

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Dec 23, 2021
    Hi all, I am really lost right now so desperately need advice!! I am an international student graduated LLB in July 2022, currently on graduate visa (expires in Nov 2024). I am now a paralegal in a national firm's regional office (they don't sponsor work visa for paralegal roles or TC).

Considering that I only have less than 2 years to stay the UK, should I apply to more firms to increase my chances? This cycle I only applied to around 10 firms I am genuinely interested in, so far not looking very promising😢
    I think that might be the only option. I'd suggest applying for direct TCs over the summer (with you paralegal experience) and then use that time to prepare some applications for VS for the next cycle. What type of firms have you been applying to?! And where in the app process do you usually get rejected?

eleven14og

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Dec 8, 2021
    I think that might be the only option. I'd suggest applying for direct TCs over the summer (with you paralegal experience) and then use that time to prepare some applications for VS for the next cycle. What type of firms have you been applying to?! And where in the app process do you usually get rejected?
    Hi thanks for your reply. I applied to large international law firms this cycle (no US/MC). So far I got through application stage with a few and still waiting to hear back from some w/ deadlines in January. Made to AC with 2 firms last cycle and didn't pass.

LawApplicant99

Standard Member
    Jan 20, 2023
    Kirkland AC! but it conflicts with another AC I have ):
    Hi, I have a similar problem and have emailed them kindly asking for alternative arrangements or for the date to be earlier, as I cannot make the date they gave- I really hope they do accommodate :(. Do email to let them know, as I feel they're more likely to have more than one date if multiple of us face the same issues. Fingers crossed for us

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.