TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

NbyN

Standard Member
Oct 20, 2022
I've got a post-WVS interview for a TC at the end of the week. It'll be conducted by the partners and mostly likely involve motivational + competency questions + reflections on the VS - any general tips?
I guess this differs per law firm. Mine was another case study but I did prep for motivational Qs. I’d say editing your answers to why law/ why this firm with additions from the vac scheme and why that’s made you even more interested in joining the firm. Then just refreshing your mind on your usual competency answers- don’t know if that helps!

aishaalexandra

Valued Member
Junior Lawyer
Aug 3, 2022
I've got a post-WVS interview for a TC at the end of the week. It'll be conducted by the partners and mostly likely involve motivational + competency questions + reflections on the VS - any general tips?
Ask them a question about themselves/their career - will make the bonding and rapport easier. I asked my partners interviewing me what the hardest thing about being a partner was and this led into a really interesting conversation. Will also pull them out of interview mode. I also always end with "thank you for taking the time to interview me" as earnestly as poss- i think it goes a long way :)

kokothemagicdragon

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Dec 23, 2021
    Is Mayer Brown rolling or non-rolling?
    "The deadline for vacation schemes and training contracts is 31 January each year, and we review applications on a rolling basis. Please therefore ensure you submit your application at the earliest possible date. This year the deadline for our open day is 16 December 2022 and for our solicitor apprenticeship programme is 31 March 2023."

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.