TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sachin Chandra

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
Apr 16, 2020
"The deadline for vacation schemes and training contracts is 31 January each year, and we review applications on a rolling basis. Please therefore ensure you submit your application at the earliest possible date. This year the deadline for our open day is 16 December 2022 and for our solicitor apprenticeship programme is 31 March 2023."
Thank you koko.

Reactions: Lily1234

AK105

Esteemed Member
  • Mar 7, 2021
    DLA have still not gotten back to me!! I applied to the Edinburgh Office. 4 people from my uni alone have gotten vac scheme offers!! I legit think it has to be a PFO. They are probably too busy to send an actual rejection because they are holding other assessment centres.

D

Deleted member 24543

Received an invite to join the EY Experience Day (assessment centre) this thursday - any tips on how to prepare?
    hey! was just wondering if you also received the EY hub account details? i got an email today with all the instructions for this thursday but nothing about the account and how to login into the hub..

corpsesinthewild

Jan 30, 2022
    @Jessica Booker a friend who had an interview during the same AC cycle as me at Freshfields last week got a call today offering them a place- should I assume rejection? Or is it a long process for each candidate, rather than the drawing up of a list before making all calls on the same day?
    hey! i had my AC at freshfields week too and haven’t heard back lol on what date was your AC?

Sarah T

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Aug 9, 2020
    What do people bring to an AC?
    Any documents they ask for - sometimes they might want to see certificates or right to work proof. They will specify this in the invitation if they want to see this.

I bring the smallest bag that will fit a pen, a watch and a small note pad - you'll have all the materials that you need for the AC given to you but I like to keep those three things.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    I received an AC invitation for Bakers, but it's virtual. Is this for everyone or there are some exceptions ? Because I don't see the reason behind this decision.
    I find it quite difficult to stand out in a virtual AC.
    Any thoughts please !!!
    Bakers will do all Vac scheme interviews virtual and most likely direct training contracts in person - they said at an event I attended in November. Can’t really speculate on their reasoning.

• 🤝
    Reactions: Ghassen and mariistm

Jack239

Standard Member
    Nov 27, 2022
    Does anyone have any tips for the article part of the Slaughters interview? I know that they usually get an opinion piece from the times, guardian, or FT, but if anyone has any useful resources on how I should go about preparing for these and analysing the articles, that would be very helpful.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.