TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayemuse

Distinguished Member
  • Jan 23, 2022
    I go to a uni where career is very much a status thing and pretty much everyone in my year wants to be a commercial solicitor, and sometimes I feel so embarrassed I haven't gotten a job yet even though I'm in my final year. I know it's nothing to be embarrassed about, but I guess I can't help feeling that when my juniors going through the applications process ask me about it or I see my friends getting offers :/ And being an international student makes it feel like I am on a time crunch. Just wanted to vent a bit, still determined to keep going on though ><

Sarah T

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Aug 9, 2020
    Has anyone done the Womble Bond Dickinson Application Form yet? There is a section for a personal statement but it is blank, should we be able to upload or edit something in this section?

D

daisy_yawn

What’s the least time in which an AC can be successfully prepared for? I have 4 over the next 10 days, and reasons why I’ll have very very limited time to prepare at all. Thank you
    Depends on the AC I think, but generally 2 days is enough I feel. Especially because a lot of the typical AC exercises aren't really things you can 'revise' or 'study' for

futuretrainee202X

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 28, 2022
    Depends on the AC I think, but generally 2 days is enough I feel. Especially because a lot of the typical AC exercises aren't really things you can 'revise' or 'study' for
    To add on @daisy_yawn's comment, I would say use all 10 days to prepare for ACs generally but 2-3 days for AC-specific questions (i.e., why us, their recent deals, questions around specific practice areas) is enough if you're doing it full time. If you balance other obligations, I think around 4-5 days?

Having more time to prepare and think deeply about why you want to work at that firm + preparing specific questions you know will come up is always better than cramming in 2 days but it can be done if you're not planning on doing anything else other than work/eat/sleep/gym.

EDIT: it also depends on the type of AC you're doing. If it involves a technical component (i.e., A&O case studies), I think more time is needed.

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 26, 2022
    To add on @daisy_yawn's comment, I would say use all 10 days to prepare for ACs generally but 2-3 days for AC-specific questions (i.e., why us, their recent deals, questions around specific practice areas) is enough if you're doing it full time. If you balance other obligations, I think around 4-5 days?

Having more time to prepare and think deeply about why you want to work at that firm + preparing specific questions you know will come up is always better than cramming in 2 days but it can be done if you're not planning on doing anything else other than work/eat/sleep/gym.

EDIT: it also depends on the type of AC you're doing. If it involves a technical component (i.e., A&O case studies), I think more time is needed.
    I know at least two have technical case studies, but I think they’re both fairly similar in nature which is good. I imagine I have 1-2 hours a day so hopefully that’s enough!

• 🏆
    Reactions: futuretrainee202X

futuretrainee202X

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 28, 2022
    Per AC! Depends on the AC, so maybe prioritise the ones with multiple components like case studies / group exercises etc.? I've typically found single interview ACs to require much less preparation
    @HopefulFutureTrainee123 for group exercises, see if your uni is doing mock group assessments! Will be super helpful to receive some live feedback bc etiquette is something really difficult to master without some prior practice.

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 26, 2022
    @HopefulFutureTrainee123 for group exercises, see if your uni is doing mock group assessments! Will be super helpful to receive some live feedback bc etiquette is something really difficult to master without some prior practice.
    I’m sadly a graduate with multiple jobs! But I’ll see if I can find something similar ☺️

• 🤝
    Reactions: futuretrainee202X
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.