TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

vortexx1

Feb 21, 2023
I received a VS offer, however, I am still waiting for a response from another firm post AC. It's been three weeks since I did the AC. Should I email them asking for my AC outcome and something along the lines of I currently have an offer from another one but they're my top choice? I feel a bit awkward doing this

Law Student

Distinguished Member
Dec 20, 2022
Hi do they specify the tentative dates for their AC if you pass the test? Say commencing from mid March or something?

Good luck anyway!
Here are the dates for their AC:
Glasgow - 14 & 15 March
Aberdeen - 15 March
Edinburgh - 15 & 16 March
London – 21, 22 & 23 March
Manchester - 21 & 22 March
Leeds - 28 & 29 March
Birmingham - 28 & 29 March

And thank you!

barbara

Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 3, 2022
Seeing that Travers Smith calls to give interview offers, i'm a bit concerned because I am an international applicant and live outside the UK. I put down an international number, and perhaps that puts me at a disadvantage? I do have the right to work in the UK and studied there too.
It's just something that has been on my mind.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I received a VS offer, however, I am still waiting for a response from another firm post AC. It's been three weeks since I did the AC. Should I email them asking for my AC outcome and something along the lines of I currently have an offer from another one but they're my top choice? I feel a bit awkward doing this
Yes - it is fine to do this given the amount of time that has passed.

CorpLawyer00

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Aug 8, 2022
Just been sent WG for NRF but also a behavioural test? is the behavioural test mentioned anywhere on their site? I had no idea they had one of these and would not have applied otherwise

Emilia

Esteemed Member
Feb 19, 2023
@Jessica Booker

Hi Jessica, I’m through to the virtual assessment morning stage of the vacation scheme application for Farrer & Co and I wondered if you had any advice on what it consists of and how to prepare for it as it is my first AC. All I know is that it is 2 hours and consists of an individual written exercise and a group case study exercise. Thank you!

Reactions: EM23

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker

Hi Jessica, I’m through to the virtual assessment morning stage of the vacation scheme application for Farrer & Co and I wondered if you had any advice on what it consists of and how to prepare for it as it is my first AC. All I know is that it is 2 hours and consists of an individual written exercise and a group case study exercise. Thank you!
I don’t know the specifics of the firm’s AC unfortunately.

lllaaawww098

Valued Member
Oct 14, 2022
Seeing that Travers Smith calls to give interview offers, i'm a bit concerned because I am an international applicant and live outside the UK. I put down an international number, and perhaps that puts me at a disadvantage? I do have the right to work in the UK and studied there too.
It's just something that has been on my mind.
Same issue here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.