TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolamcd1

Esteemed Member
Feb 1, 2022
I just got a rejection post AC. Does anyone have any tips on picking themselves back up and trying again. Feel quite exhausted from the process and like I’m losing all my chances. I did another AC the day after the one I was rejected from and now dreading that response too. Sorry for the waffle but any tips on how to process and try again would be amazing as feel as though everyone around me is getting offers

Fd321

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
Mar 3, 2023
I just got a rejection post AC. Does anyone have any tips on picking themselves back up and trying again. Feel quite exhausted from the process and like I’m losing all my chances. I did another AC the day after the one I was rejected from and now dreading that response too. Sorry for the waffle but any tips on how to process and try again would be amazing as feel as though everyone around me is getting offers
I’m sorry to hear you’re feeling that way, I feel the same tbh and I’m sure there are loads of people on here (and not) who feel disheartened too. I would try and frame it to yourself as a positive that you got so far in the process so at least you can think about all the things you did right to get to this point as you have to remember, some people probably didn’t hear back after the initial application so there was definitely lots they liked about you. Sometimes rejection is just redirection to something better suited to you. I got rejected from a firm for a TC after an in person interview in January which was pretty much the final stage and I felt really sad at first, but then in time I have realised I didn’t actually like that firm as much as I thought and I’m sure I will find a firm which fits me more and I fit them too. Sorry if this is not helpful but maybe you can find comfort in the fact that people with amazing offers are in the minority and may have had to go through so many rejections to get the big break, and you will have your time too. But the majority of us aw probably in the same boat 😌.

Nom

Feb 7, 2023
So I got my feedback call from Osborne Clarke's commercial presentation and WG test which I didn't pass and they told me that they accept people from the 30th percentile upwards but a good score is in the 80-90+ range, is that the case for other firms too?

NMA

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Nov 19, 2020
For anyone that had to do the proofreading test for Mayer Brown, did you actually get through all the questions?? I know the prompt acknowledged that we may not finish the test

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.