TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Sumption

Star Member
Premium Member
  • Nov 11, 2022
    Hey guys! Just a bit of advice for those who need it:

If you struggle with imposter syndrome, comparing yourself with others, etc and you're still waiting for good news; I highly recommend deleting LinkedIn if you have it and avoiding spaces and conversations that fuel your (untrue) feeling of inadequacy! 👑

Keep your chin up pal!
    This is so true. I always go on LinkedIn and see people posting their successes and I am obviously happy for them but it makes me feel so down and eager to work harder. On the contrary, we don't see people's unsuccessful applications but I am sure everyone applied and went through many rejections to eventually get that Vac Scheme or Training Contract.

God bless everyone on this forum with lots of success and blessings in their studies/career and future endeavours! ❤️ ❤️

Twan

Mar 15, 2023
    Shoosmiths via Instagram have issued an update stating that if you’ve applied for a summer vac scheme they’re still screening applications and will get back to us at the end of March
    Do you think the online assessment will be a pass/fail situation or whether it’ll be viewed holistically with the rest of the application (written app)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I messed up one question in my TC interview, would you say that will ruin my chances at getting the opportunity? Hate this :/
    This is your perception. It might not even be the case that in the eyes of your interviewer that you messed up. Even if you did, it might have been made up for with other answers. I don’t think it will necessarily “ruin” your chances, but like any answer will just be weighed up alongside everything else to make a decision.

Ambs123

Legendary Member
    Feb 19, 2021
    This is your perception. It might not even be the case that in the eyes of your interviewer that you messed up. Even if you did, it might have been made up for with other answers. I don’t think it will necessarily “ruin” your chances, but like any answer will just be weighed up alongside everything else to make a decision.
    Thanks for the answer Jessica! Made me feel better :)

LL

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 22, 2021
    I messed up one question in my TC interview, would you say that will ruin my chances at getting the opportunity? Hate this :/
    Depending on the firm, what the question was, and how badly you messed it up.

If it makes you feel better, I also messed up a few questions during my AC and this was confirmed in my post-AC feedback, where the grad recruiter listed some questions that I also felt like I had answered badly. However, I still passed the AC which just goes to show that firms hardly expect perfection.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.