Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Has anyone ever interviewed for a paralegal role with Simpson Thacher & Bartlett?

PLEASE PM ME - I have it at the end of this week!

@Jessica Booker - would you have any advice on prep / what to expect? Never interviewed for such a role.
I would look at the job description carefully as the questions are more likely to be aligned to what they are specifically looking for in that individual role.

I would also ensure you are clued up about the department the specific role is in and have the ability to explain why that type of work is of interest compared to other potential paralegal roles that could come up within the same firm.

• ℹ️
Reactions: Dwight

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker hey, If a firm rejects for a VS but you got to the AC and in their rejection they say if you applied for a TC, this will be considered separately, how likely do you think it is that you’ll hear any more from them? Obviously I don’t expect you to know but I would just presume I won’t be hearing from them again if they’ve already rejected me, do you think this is just them being polite?
You will hear from them again if you applied for the TC, whether that is successful or not. I don't think they will just say this for the sake of saying it - TC and VS applications are two quite different recruitment processes, and so I don't think you can necessarily take an indication of one decision as being the same for the next (or if it is, assuming that it is for the same reasons).

Reactions: Fd321

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi @Jessica Booker , is this link only available for the premium forum? Thanks in advance :)
My response was:

You don't need to use your own experiences for this question. The second part of the question is much more forward looking than backwards - it is asking you to analyse what you think your challenges will be in the role, rather than what challenges you have had in the past.

For the first part of the question, you don't need to link it to yourself as it is only asking you to identify what it takes to be a successful lawyer, not how you have demonstrated how you could be a successful lawyer.

Reactions: Momo

Momo

Esteemed Member
Nov 21, 2022
My response was:

You don't need to use your own experiences for this question. The second part of the question is much more forward looking than backwards - it is asking you to analyse what you think your challenges will be in the role, rather than what challenges you have had in the past.

For the first part of the question, you don't need to link it to yourself as it is only asking you to identify what it takes to be a successful lawyer, not how you have demonstrated how you could be a successful lawyer.
Thank you so much this is very helpful!

N_16

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Nov 11, 2022
OCTOBER?? Omg it’s been half a year 😭 pls tell me you called them because that’s actually taking the piss. You honestly have an incredible willpower and a lot of patience because I would’ve started calling & emailing in December 💀
Lol thank you 😂 I attended a grad rec zoom call sometime in Jan and they said that if you hadn't heard back they would consider you for Spring/Summer, so I didn't email them until last week when they said that everyone would hear the outcome soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.