Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I received a VS offer around 3 weeks ago, but still no offer letter. Is there anything I should do?
Email the person in question asking for an update as to when you should get the offer letter.

It can be a busy time this month with seat moves, SQE results and qualification processes kicking off so I suspect they are getting around to it.

Reactions: legally3087658

Emilia

Esteemed Member
Feb 19, 2023
Is anyone still waiting to hear back from Farrer & Co post AC? I know of a few people who heard back last week and now I’m getting worried :/
I am still waiting to hear back too! I know 5 people who got offers last week but most were for the Easter vacc scheme. I don’t think anyone else has heard so they’ll probably tell us the results this week.

H

hollahollaholla

Hey - congratulations and all the best for it!!! Could I ask if you mean the summer or spring scheme and when you finished the test? Thank you so much
Thank you! Yes of course! I believe I applied for the Summer Scheme, I think the Spring Scheme already has taken place? I finished the test early january, so it was almost a three month wait. Best of luck to you!!

• Love
Reactions: aishaslm

Ali A

Legendary Member
  • Feb 28, 2022
    Academic grades
    Period of employment
    Job titles
    Qualifications obtained
    I see,

My period of employment was on and off from 2019 to 2021 due to leaving and going back a few times when I had free time during my studies and being told I am welcome back whenever I want. On my applications, I put 2019 to 2021 as I thought doing it three separate times would be pointless.

Would this be an issue when they come to check? Or would they just give the company a call.

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 26, 2022
    I see,

My period of employment was on and off from 2019 to 2021 due to leaving and going back a few times when I had free time during my studies and being told I am welcome back whenever I want. On my applications, I put 2019 to 2021 as I thought doing it three separate times would be pointless.

Would this be an issue when they come to check? Or would they just give the company a call.
    Hi, I did something similar - worked at a company for about 3 years during uni holidays etc. I've never failed a background check, despite not putting specific dates worked into my forms, so I think you'll be ok :)

Reactions: Cryingtiger

Cryingtiger

Valued Member
    Dec 11, 2020
    Academic grades
    Period of employment
    Job titles
    Qualifications obtained
    Am I right in saying all law firms checks are conducted by Sterling Talent? Because my previous VS, was conducted by that agency. And I did have couple errors, but the firm just approached my internship companies instead. Still not sure on what the errors were..? Thank you for pointing out some of the possible errors :)

Reactions: ssolicitorz
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.