Clyde & Co Application

Sofia Ntali

Oct 17, 2019
Hello! The Clyde & Co applciation starts with the following question: "Why do you want to pursue a career as a solicitor at Clyde & Co and what are the main challenges for the firm? (300 words max)"

Correct me if I am wrong, but I see three parts in the question: 1) why commercial law 2) why the firm and 3) main challenges for the firm.

Do you think an equal amount of words should be spent for the three parts? Is the "why commercial law" part really there?

Thanks in advance!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hello! The Clyde & Co applciation starts with the following question: "Why do you want to pursue a career as a solicitor at Clyde & Co and what are the main challenges for the firm? (300 words max)"

Correct me if I am wrong, but I see three parts in the question: 1) why commercial law 2) why the firm and 3) main challenges for the firm.

Do you think an equal amount of words should be spent for the three parts? Is the "why commercial law" part really there?

Thanks in advance!

Try not to limit yourself and your approach in this “3 equal parts” way.

Someone who has more commercial legal experience probably doesn’t need as much word count explaining that specific part than someone who has none.

yes - make sure you answer each part of the question, but how much you focus on each part is very much going down to be you as an individual

Reactions: Abstruser

KS94

Esteemed Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Mar 21, 2018
    I was curious about the challenges for the firm part. Would you suggest focusing on the legal industry challenges or the specific firm's challenges (e.g. challenges within their legal focus of insurance/shipping)?

Matt_96

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
  • Dec 15, 2018
    I was curious about the challenges for the firm part. Would you suggest focusing on the legal industry challenges or the specific firm's challenges (e.g. challenges within their legal focus of insurance/shipping)?

Not Jessica but I am going to write a Clydes application, and I would say go for the firm's specific challenges. The question doesn't ask about general challenges facing the legal sector.

Reactions: Jaysen and Jessica Booker

Montyr

Nov 14, 2019
    To avoid creating a new thread...

How would people advise approaching the “what do you think good client service looks like in the legal sector?” question?

It doesn’t specifically ask why, just what, so should we just focus on describing the what’s?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    To avoid creating a new thread...

How would people advise approaching the “what do you think good client service looks like in the legal sector?” question?

It doesn’t specifically ask why, just what, so should we just focus on describing the what’s?

I’d focus on the “whats” but the rationale as to why they are important will need to be in there too.

Reactions: Montyr

Ayat

May 8, 2021
    Hey,
    While filling insight day form at Clyde and co, how should I answer, “please provide any further information about yourself that is relevant to your application?”
    And also how should I proceed with writing my answer regarding “why I want to learn more about Clyde & co ?”

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.