Allen & Overy Winter Vacation Scheme 2024

Aug 28, 2023
I didn't? When did you submit your app and interactive assessment?
Weird. I submitted last Thursday (21/9)

I was so nervous when I got the email. I really thought "Damn, my application sucked so much they're rejecting me in less than 5 days!" when I saw I had an email from them.

I'm hoping it means I will hear back before 9/10 but honestly idk

Reactions: Minitomatosalad
Aug 28, 2023
Here is what it says, and it's a do not reply email btw:

Dear "Me" (Obvs not putting my gov name),

Thank you for taking the time to apply and complete the interactive assessment. We hope that it has given you an insight into the working environment and types of situations you may encounter as a trainee lawyer at Allen & Overy.

Our team is now reviewing your application and you should expect to hear an outcome from us as soon as possible.

A&O Early Careers Recruitment Team

I already received my confirmation and feedback report (it wasn't blank, I excelled in the numeracy and verbal and needed improvement in the other parts just like everyone else got) so idk why they sent this but guess who's going to be having restless nights until they get a response? 😭 😭 😭

Minitomatosalad

Distinguished Member
Sep 14, 2023

Thank you for taking the time to apply and complete the interactive assessment. We hope that it has given you an insight into the working environment and types of situations you may encounter as a trainee lawyer at Allen & Overy.

Our team is now reviewing your application and you should expect to hear an outcome from us as soon as possible.

I already received my confirmation and feedback report (it wasn't blank, I excelled in the numeracy and verbal and needed improvement in the other parts just like everyone else got) so idk why they sent this but guess who's going to be having restless nights until they get a response? 😭 😭 😭
Honestly I don’t think this is a bad sign at all. I’d sleep well knowing I got that and no one else did :)

FCL25

Jul 26, 2023

Nope didn’t get this either. It does seem like a somewhat positive response though so hopefully all goes well 🤞🏽 I wouldn’t think too much into it at this stage. Best of luck to everyone :)

bella98

Legendary Member
  • Mar 9, 2023
    Did anyone receive an email from Allen & Overy in the last hour saying that they are now reviewing your application and an outcome will come as soon as possible. The email subject is "Feedback and Next Steps".
    Yes, I did!
    I don’t know if this means we’ve “passed” the test so they review our application now. (Work experience section + video answers to the questions)

I’m_Batman

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Aug 25, 2023

Yup, got that too. I wouldn't read too much into it..

Reactions: kmo20 and sxw517

jas1502

Aug 2, 2023
    I'm trying not to panic about not receiving that email 😪

I put so much time and effort into the application, would be disappointed to be rejected so early on

I just received the email, so they're definitely still sending them out, most likely in batches - hopefully, you'll receive a response soon 😊

Reactions: RBUCL

adrian_nlh

Standard Member
    Feb 22, 2023
    I'm trying not to panic about not receiving that email 😪

I put so much time and effort into the application, would be disappointed to be rejected so early on
    I received the e-mail this evening as well, just to further add to the notion that they are sending them out in batches. As long as your application was submitted and the interactive assessment completed, there's no reason to worry imo.

Reactions: RBUCL

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.