Allen & Overy Winter Vacation Scheme 2024

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 14, 2023
Hi I just received this from A&O direct TC! I really don’t know what does it mean! Does it mean I pass the SJT or everyone had it? Thanks!

“Thank you for taking the time to apply and complete the interactive assessment. We hope that it has given you an insight into the working environment and types of situations you may encounter as a trainee lawyer at Allen & Overy.

Our team is now reviewing your application and you should expect to hear an outcome from us as soon as possible.”

addy2004

Esteemed Member
  • Nov 28, 2023
    Hi I just received this from A&O direct TC! I really don’t know what does it mean! Does it mean I pass the SJT or everyone had it? Thanks!

“Thank you for taking the time to apply and complete the interactive assessment. We hope that it has given you an insight into the working environment and types of situations you may encounter as a trainee lawyer at Allen & Overy.

Our team is now reviewing your application and you should expect to hear an outcome from us as soon as possible.”
    I got that a month ago from A&O summer VS, still haven't heard back! Hopefully you have more luck than me

Lola333

Star Member
    Aug 27, 2023
    Thank you so much for sharing, may I ask if you got the decision via an email or a phone call? I was told that they are going to schedule a call with me in the next two working days and I am nervously anticipating whether it would be good or bad news...
    Good luck with all your other applications!!!
    how did they tell you they were going to schedule a call? I'm also nervously waiting on post-AC results for the SVS

liseazurite

Star Member
    Nov 2, 2023
    I'm considering the WVS finished last Friday and people have said they had ACs for direct TC tomorrow and Wednesday, so maybe we won't hear back until later this week, or perhaps even later if they want to consider direct TCs at the same time as SVS places
    Some ppl have heard back for SVS so maybe we’re on the waitlist or smth
    Generally thought we’re not in competition with direct tc applicants

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.