Allen & Overy Winter Vacation Scheme 2024

FB

Nov 13, 2023
If it's any consolidation, I've had to decline the offer due to scheme clashes (can't believe I'm in the position to say this to a law firm 😅), so that frees up a spot hopefully to those waiting!
Congrats and all the best! Do you have any tips for the AC and its different stages? What kind of questions were you asked?

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 14, 2023
Yes, I did!
I don’t know if this means we’ve “passed” the test so they review our application now. (Work experience section + video answers to the questions)
Hello, Bella, would you please kindly share the video questions in A&O application? I want to prepare them now but i'm afraid if i finish the job section and i cannot go back

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 14, 2023
Hey I just completed it now and was EXACTLY the same! So got a lot of “you could improve on” and two “clear room to improve on” but excelled in verbal and numerical.

So I’m abit concerned - also my video froze up on question one :/
Hi, Katrina, would you please kindly share the content of the video questions? Thank you very much for your reply!

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 14, 2023
They've changed the process. It is now just an online application of your details and work experience etc. Then you are invited to take an SJT test. The video interview is included in the SJT but you have unlimited time to prepare. It is supposed to ask two video interview questions right at the end. You have until the deadline to complete it all.
Hi, would you please kindly share the content of these two questions? Thank you very much!

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 14, 2023
Hello all,

I have just completed the application for Allen & Overy's winter vacation scheme.

Has anyone completed the assessment, I am wondering what I should prepare before the 2 video questions.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards,
Hi, there, would you please kindly share what these 2 video questions are? Thank you very much!!!

Co0rpBarbie20

Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Jun 23, 2023
    hey! can someone help me out please ? for the work experience section - can I include unpaid work experience such as legal internships, clinical placements, volunteer NGO paralegal/ research work ? or should I stick to paid lega/ retail/ f&b experience.

prospectiveswitcher

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Aug 18, 2022

wan

Feb 27, 2023
    Post-AC rejection just came through. Best of luck to the rest of you and I hope those of you on the VS have a lovely time!
    Thank you so much for sharing, may I ask if you got the decision via an email or a phone call? I was told that they are going to schedule a call with me in the next two working days and I am nervously anticipating whether it would be good or bad news...
    Good luck with all your other applications!!!

VMS

Star Member
    Oct 16, 2023
    Thank you so much for sharing, may I ask if you got the decision via an email or a phone call? I was told that they are going to schedule a call with me in the next two working days and I am nervously anticipating whether it would be good or bad news...
    Good luck with all your other applications!!!

Thank you! I got it via email, I think they phone the successful candidates and email the unsuccessful ones.

Reactions: wan

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.