Allen & Overy Winter Vacation Scheme 2024

HMB

Jul 27, 2023
Hello all,

I have just completed the application for Allen & Overy's winter vacation scheme.

Has anyone completed the assessment, I am wondering what I should prepare before the 2 video questions.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Reactions: 191919191

Mike Wazaoski

Valued Member
Premium Member
Nov 12, 2018
Hey, did you follow a specific format when writing your work experience section, deciding which skills to refer to?

I completed the SJT in a previous cycle and grad recruitment usually suggest reviewing the career framework when selecting responses.

I’m_Batman

Valued Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Aug 25, 2023
    Hello all,

I have just completed the application for Allen & Overy's winter vacation scheme.

Has anyone completed the assessment, I am wondering what I should prepare before the 2 video questions.

Kind regards,
    I would anticipate these to be fairly straight forward Why this firm? Why law? A time you went above and beyond? Commercial News Q? - this sort of thing unless someone is willing to tell you the exact questions they have had, which I would not anticipate.

Reactions: axelbeugre

Roisin

Standard Member
    Aug 26, 2023
    Thanks!!!
    Also, great work being that proactive!
    Hello all,

Kind regards,
    Hia, i have just completed the assessment. How did you find it? I have received a feedback report but didn’t score great in the key skills for a lawyer, but I did pretty well in the applied intellect section.

I’m_Batman

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Aug 25, 2023
    Hia, i have just completed the assessment. How did you find it? I have received a feedback report but didn’t score great in the key skills for a lawyer, but I did pretty well in the applied intellect section.
    Aiming to do it this weekend! Well done for getting it out the way!

leaaa2023

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jun 27, 2023
    Hi Roisin, I received the feedback report too and felt great about my intellect section but freaked out about the things I could have done better in. It is a generic report and not sure how much weight they hold.

justkeepswimming

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Oct 26, 2022
    Hi I don't know where to find the information of the change in A&O application process. Can someone tell me what to expect once I send off the online application of my details? Thank you.

Roisin

Standard Member
    Aug 26, 2023
    Hi Roisin, I received the feedback report too and felt great about my intellect section but freaked out about the things I could have done better in. It is a generic report and not sure how much weight they hold.
    I’m not sure how much weight the key skills for a lawyer section holds either. It did freak me out as I didn’t do as well in the skills. Oh well, atleast our intellect sections were better

TCLAW

Aug 28, 2023
    Hiya guys in regards to this “There will be a chance for you to complete two video interview questions for which you will be required to record a response“ - is this immediately after the interactive assessment or is it separate, by that I mean can i complete the assessment then do the video a few days later?

Reactions: 191919191

Future_lawyer_somewhere

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jun 4, 2019
    Hey I just completed it now and was EXACTLY the same! So got a lot of “you could improve on” and two “clear room to improve on” but excelled in verbal and numerical.

So I’m abit concerned - also my video froze up on question one :/

Reactions: Hani

emilyding

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 6, 2023
    Hey I just completed it now and was EXACTLY the same! So got a lot of “you could improve on” and two “clear room to improve on” but excelled in verbal and numerical.

So I’m abit concerned - also my video froze up on question one :/
    Hi may I know will the video interview start immediately after the interactive assessment or I can stop by there and do the video another day?

justkeepswimming

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Oct 26, 2022
    Hi may I know will the video interview start immediately after the interactive assessment or I can stop by there and do the video another day?

I emailed grad rec and they said "You have until the application deadline to complete your application and video questions, meaning you will be able to leave the page and prepare. For the video assessment, please note that while you have unlimited preparation time, your recorded response is limited to 2 minutes, and you will be automatically cut off."

So we can see the questions and prepare and it is a one-take policy, no pausing no retaking.

Hope that helps!

• ℹ️
    Reactions: I’m_Batman

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.