Allen & Overy Application Update

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 14, 2023
Hi I just received this from A&O! I really don’t know what does it mean! Does it mean I pass the SJT or everyone had it? Thanks!

“Thank you for taking the time to apply and complete the interactive assessment. We hope that it has given you an insight into the working environment and types of situations you may encounter as a trainee lawyer at Allen & Overy.

Our team is now reviewing your application and you should expect to hear an outcome from us as soon as possible.”

• 🏆
Reactions: CallumJR

matchalatte

Jan 11, 2023
Hi I just received this from A&O! I really don’t know what does it mean! Does it mean I pass the SJT or everyone had it? Thanks!

“Thank you for taking the time to apply and complete the interactive assessment. We hope that it has given you an insight into the working environment and types of situations you may encounter as a trainee lawyer at Allen & Overy.

Our team is now reviewing your application and you should expect to hear an outcome from us as soon as possible.”
for me I got this the night before I received AC invite

• 🏆
Reactions: 191919191 and CallumJR

CallumJR

Valued Member
Premium Member
Jul 16, 2020

Congrats on the AC. When did you apply?

Reactions: 191919191

futuretrainee2024

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Dec 2, 2022

It means you passed the SJT but are considering your application holistically. I received the same email before a rejection, but someone else received it before an AC invite. Don't worry too much!

• 🤝
    Reactions: 191919191 and CallumJR

matchalatte

Jan 11, 2023
    Congrats on getting the invite, and good luck! May I ask when you applied and received the invite? Because I received the review update a long time ago, but I haven't heard since then.
    Thanks!! I applied early-Oct and received the update last week, so around two months. I didn't receive a single update until the review email and subsequent invite (those two arrived consecutively within 12 hrs). Maybe its because my app is not for London Office, and they may process it in different ways. Hope they will get back to you soon!

Reactions: jazzzade

jazzzade

Standard Member
    Premium Member
    Aug 12, 2023
    Thanks!! I applied early-Oct and received the update last week, so around two months. I didn't receive a single update until the review email and subsequent invite (those two arrived consecutively within 12 hrs). Maybe its because my app is not for London Office, and they may process it in different ways. Hope they will get back to you soon!
    Thanks for sharing your experience!

addy2004

Esteemed Member
  • Nov 28, 2023

I got that email on the 2nd of November and haven't heard since! not sure what to think...

Reactions: 191919191

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.