My journey to a TC 🌟

Hana (aaah I want a TC)

Distinguished Member
  • Jan 7, 2023
    Hey!

I have read some threads here on people's journeys to TCs, and I thought I would contribute too! I hope that my journey will inspire others. I do sincerely hope that I will end up getting a TC soon and I will aim to update this regularly with my thoughts and insights.

I graduated from Durham with a high 2:1 with a non-law degree, and I decided to self-fund my GDL + SQE1 training, which I am currently remotely studying!

This is my first 'real' application cycle, as last year I only applied to Eversheds Sutherland after an impromptu attendance at one of their Insight evenings.

Applications this cycle (2023-2024) - Vacation Schemes only
    Baker McKenzie
    Latham & Watkins
    Covington
    Mayer Brown
    Dechert
    Gowling WLG
    Linklaters

Yet to apply to
    Norton Rose Fulbright
    Shoosmiths

Top choice firms that I did not have the confidence to apply to (maybe next year!)
    Allen & Overy
    Hogan Lovells
    DLA Piper

Last edited:

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 14, 2023
    Hey!

I have read some threads here on people's journeys to TCs, and I thought I would contribute too! I hope that my journey will inspire others. I do sincerely hope that I will end up getting a TC soon and I will aim to update this regularly with my thoughts and insights.

I graduated from Durham with a high 2:1 with a non-law degree, and I decided to self-fund my GDL + SQE1 training, which I am currently remotely studying!

This is my first 'real' application cycle, as last year I only applied to Eversheds Sutherland after an impromptu attendance at one of their Insight evenings.

Applications this cycle (2023-2024) - Vacation Schemes only
    Baker McKenzie
    Latham & Watkins
    Covington
    Mayer Brown
    Dechert
    Gowling WLG
    Linklaters

Yet to apply to
    Norton Rose Fulbright
    Shoosmiths

Top choice firms that I did not have the confidence to apply to (maybe next year!)
    Allen & Overy
    Hogan Lovells
    DLA Piper
    Congratulations for keeping yourself accountable! This is amazing and I am sure it will be motivating for many students and graduates too! Keep up the amazing work and I am sure you will be successful soon!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.