Allen & Overy Winter Vacation Scheme 2024

prospectiveswitcher

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Aug 18, 2022
I spoke with GR and they don't do that at A&O and most other firms. Usually, they have a set amount of people they give ACs to, maybe 30, and then they would probably hope that 22 make it through. But, let's say it is only 15 - what they usually do is hope that there will be better people in the following ACs for summer and spring and that they can make up for the low turn out by perhaps taking on 27 from both, or they will just recruit the remaining trainee numbers needed to ensure that there are 80 trainees in the end via the direct training contract route.
Does this imply then that they give close to 100% of vac scheme participants TC offers?

Aug 28, 2023
Does this imply then that they give close to 100% of vac scheme participants TC offers?
No but I'll be honest, I think it's pretty hard to not convert a VS to a TC because you are there in person so as long as you are punctual and engaged, you should be good! Although there are obvs people who don't convert but since A&O has to fill 80 places, I imagine your chances are higher than at somewhere like Davis Polk where there are only 4-6 spots.

Reactions: Minitomatosalad

prospectiveswitcher

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Aug 18, 2022
Does anyone know how many ACs they are holding? By my count there was only sessions available on Tues/Weds/Thurs and two slots. My Q&A session had about 5 other trainees in it so if there is only two weeks that would mean there is (2 weeks x 6 sessions x 5 applicants) at least 60 - has anyone got ACs lined up for next week?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.