TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Tintin06

Legendary Member
Oct 23, 2019
Hi anyone knows how I can find my marks for Ashurst's assessment? I only received an email about my strengths and weaknesses
I would wait to see if you’re successful first. If you aren’t, then request them. If they don’t divulge them, try a subject access request. Apparently these are quite labour intensive so maybe keep it as a last resort.

Reactions: blondelawstudent

taliagibson

Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Aug 1, 2023
    Hi, Stephenson Harwood has included an article question in their initial application questions. It is a yachting sustainability article and asks us to summarise and provide an overview with key points in 600 words for the client. It seems too simple to simply summarise it especially as the article is very straightforward but don't want to add any critique etc. if that's not what the question asks for. I could summarise it well in about 300 words but it clearly says to do it in 600- should I add commercial perspective etc?

Petallove1

Legendary Member
    Feb 8, 2023
    anyone having a problem putting in their answers for HSF? they keep cutting mine off, and i haven't gone over the word limit
    Sorry this is really late - there's also a character limit on top of the word limit and they don't explicitly tell you how many characters it is. I think it's to prevent people from using overly convoluted language within their app and to encourage people to keep it simple & concise. Sorry it's so late but hope that in hindsight it's helpful 😅

IwantaVacSchemePlz

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 17, 2023
    I emailed them my answers privately, and they uploaded it manually (for those having the same issue)
    Sorry this is really late - there's also a character limit on top of the word limit and they don't explicitly tell you how many characters it is. I think it's to prevent people from using overly convoluted language within their app and to encourage people to keep it simple & concise. Sorry it's so late but hope that in hindsight it's helpful 😅

Misty Meanor

Premium Member
    Feb 21, 2022
    Does anyone know if the Cleary Gottlieb Cover Letter needs the usual formalities like date and address? Also regarding the transcript do they want my actual university and school transcripts or is it okay if I organise them in a separate work document?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.