Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

CF

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
Sep 25, 2018
Hi, I have an upcoming video interview with Simmons & Simmons and a face to face interview with Pinsent Masons - any help would be very much appreciated :)

Helena

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Feb 28, 2018
Rejection from Latham on Friday evening for the winter vacation scheme. A bit gutted given my interest in Private Equity and especially after my Weil vac scheme I was quietly optimistic but guess that's the way it goes... onto the next one!
Daniel I am so sorry to hear this. You are a great candidate and you only need that one. Are you going for Kirkland? Thinking of PE I guess.

• 🤝
Reactions: Alice G and Daniel Boden

J32

Valued Member
Future Trainee
Apr 4, 2019
Rejection from Latham on Friday evening for the winter vacation scheme. A bit gutted given my interest in Private Equity and especially after my Weil vac scheme I was quietly optimistic but guess that's the way it goes... onto the next one!

As I always tell every fellow applicant I meet, the right firm is waiting for you. Just remember you're a great candidate, you got Weil last round!

Last edited:

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Honestly, something great is round the corner for you!

• 🤝
Reactions: Ifmhouse4 and Daniel Boden

tractor12

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Oct 6, 2019
Just did my VI for Simmons and Squire, not sure how it went. Hesitated a bit in some of the answers and think my answers could've been a bit more structured, but fingers crossed one of them will be a positive result. If anyone needs to do those interviews, feel free to PM me

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Just did my VI for Simmons and Squire, not sure how it went. Hesitated a bit in some of the answers and think my answers could've been a bit more structured, but fingers crossed one of them will be a positive result. If anyone needs to do those interviews, feel free to PM me
Well done! It sounds like you did well and the hard bit is actually formulating the answers in the first place. You’ll probably always come away from VIs thinking of things you could’ve said but doing your best is what matters most :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.