TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Tintin06

Legendary Member
Oct 23, 2019
W&C recruitment team seems quite disorganised!
It seems like AC invites haven't gone out yet, but yes it does often feel like this process assumes we are all students who can take the day off for the AC at the drop of a hat. Maybe that's indicative about firms that try to hire people in that age bracket. These things happen, and I've had ACs where I was convinced I didn't get it but heard back weeks later that I did.

Last edited:

Untilwinter

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Dec 21, 2020
It seems like AC invites haven't gone out yet, but yes it does often feel like this process assumes we are all students who can take the day off for the AC at the drop of a hat. Maybe that's indicative about firms that try to hire people in that age bracket. These things happen, and I've had ACs where I was convinced I didn't get it but heard back weeks later that I did.

No they are probably just disorganised
Last cycle it took me nearly two months to hear pfo after vi. There were also ppl who got ac invitation after two month so its not them sending out pfo late either. Their schedules tend to run over

Ash2323

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 2, 2023
I am wondering if I have to write a cover letter alongside the application question for Taylor Wessing.
Any help from someone having an answer.
Thanks.
Hey, on the Taylor Wessing vac scheme application at the top of the form it says writing a cover letter and cv is not required, and i got this confirmed at their open day so you should be fine without it :)

Izzy1026

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
  • Aug 23, 2023
    No they are probably just disorganised
    Last cycle it took me nearly two months to hear pfo after vi. There were also ppl who got ac invitation after two month so its not them sending out pfo late either. Their schedules tend to run over
    Got AC invitation after 2 months? Does that mean they put some of the winter vs people towards spring or summer?

NMA

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 19, 2020
    When referencing people you've spoken to in written apps, has anyone ever referenced their conversations with future trainees? I'm not sure if I should because they've obvs not been working at the firm to actually experience it substantially

Reactions: h79

NW Law

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Dec 20, 2021
    When referencing people you've spoken to in written apps, has anyone ever referenced their conversations with future trainees? I'm not sure if I should because they've obvs not been working at the firm to actually experience it substantially
    I have before, but I have placed them "last" in my list. I have always placed current employees first and then if the future trainee gave an additional insight from their experience, placed that in last.

EliteWhovian

Legendary Member
  • Dec 8, 2022
    Received a VI and written exercise invite on 31/10 but haven’t heard anything since. Not sure if they’re still reviewing it though, the deadline for my VI was 11:59pm on 5/11. From what I’ve seen it seems like no one has heard back post-VI/ written exercise
    I second this ^
    Though it's nearing mid november so I assume AC invites and pfos will be released next week, we shall see though

h79

Standard Member
    Jan 28, 2023
    I have once yes (unsure if it is a good idea, though). I mentioned someone I worked with during an internship, who was due to be training at a particular firm. I briefly spoke about how welcoming and collegiate the culture of their prospective firm was during her vacation scheme, and how varied the work she received in a particular department was.

Sharon Wu

Esteemed Member
    Oct 27, 2023
    Received a VI and written exercise invite on 31/10 but haven’t heard anything since. Not sure if they’re still reviewing it though, the deadline for my VI was 11:59pm on 5/11. From what I’ve seen it seems like no one has heard back post-VI/ written exercise
    I guess they had a few batches as I did the VI and case study 1 or 2 weeks before. I've not heard anyone doing it this week, and so they must be reviewing them this week and likely get back early next week.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.