TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

Wazflame

Sep 11, 2022
For those who have applied to Clifford Chance, do you get a specific, individual deadline to complete your Watson Glaser test (based on the time you submitted your application) or is it 23:59pm on Sunday 26th November for everyone?

Reactions: Aaj03

Zi48

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2022
For those who have applied to Clifford Chance, do you get a specific, individual deadline to complete your Watson Glaser test (based on the time you submitted your application) or is it 23:59pm on Sunday 26th November for everyone?
This is what their website says, so if you've applied this week it'll be that deadline
"You will have five days to complete the test and there will be no flexibility around this. Please factor this in when deciding to submit your application, as you will have to complete your test within these time frames. If you need additional time or any adjustments, please factor this in and submit your application prior to the deadline.

If you apply for a Training Contract in the week leading up to the deadline, or on the deadline, you will have fewer days to complete the Watson Glaser test. You will be sent the test within 48 hours of submitting your application and will be given until 23.59pm on Sunday, 26 November 2023 to complete the test."

Shreya Verma

Valued Member
Sep 4, 2023
26th Nov 23:59 pm deadline is only for those who submitted their application on or after 21st Nov. I submitted on 22nd and the email sent to me said this.

Reactions: Wazflame

Abbas J

Star Member
Mar 30, 2023
Anyone have any insights on the CMS training contract structure?

I live in the UK (British citizen) but I am thinking of applying to the Dubai Office.

Do they have strict requirements for this (i.e. being fluent in Arabic)? Any information on the trainee intake size for the Dubai office would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

norothrow324

Legendary Member
Apr 11, 2023
In the A&O application portal, the under review has got a green checkmark on it - does that mean anything more than the fact that the application deadline has passed and they are now looking at the apps?

LB24

Valued Member
Sep 26, 2023
In the A&O application portal, the under review has got a green checkmark on it - does that mean anything more than the fact that the application deadline has passed and they are now looking at the apps?
I’ve got no idea. Mine doesn't have a green checked mark on it so it might mean that you’ve passed, but it might just be for them to signal which applications they have reviewed so they know which ones they haven’t reviewed?

norothrow324

Legendary Member
Apr 11, 2023
I’ve got no idea. Mine doesn't have a green checked mark on it so it might mean that you’ve passed, but it might just be for them to signal which applications they have reviewed so they know which ones they haven’t reviewed?
hmmm, i think you are right, it would not make sense that it would indicate anything prior to them having communicated anything to us!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.