TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

hannah04

Legendary Member
Jan 9, 2023
Hey Hannah,
they review applications and progress people to the WG stage before the application deadline. However, you will not be at a disadvantage if you apply on the day of the deadline.
As far as I know, they have not yet send out any VI.

So it is totally worth to apply. Just make sure you do not rush your application and it meets a high quality standard.
thank you so much!

missingh

Valued Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2022
Hey everyone, I want to apply to bird&bird but I realised it's a rolling deadline- the VS deadlines are 15th december and direct TC in jan. I would prefer direct TC as I am working so it's hard to take time off and i have some legal experience so just wondering if anyone has any insight on this- thanks :)

Reactions: axelbeugre

babylawyer1942

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Aug 30, 2023
    Hey everyone, I want to apply to bird&bird but I realised it's a rolling deadline- the VS deadlines are 15th december and direct TC in jan. I would prefer direct TC as I am working so it's hard to take time off and i have some legal experience so just wondering if anyone has any insight on this- thanks :)
    I don't have any insight into bird&bird specifically but if you want to apply for the direct tc, go for it. From what I've gathered, even with rolling deadlines, all applications will be read. As long as you get it in before the end of the year, you should be fine

missingh

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 14, 2022
    I don't have any insight into bird&bird specifically but if you want to apply for the direct tc, go for it. From what I've gathered, even with rolling deadlines, all applications will be read. As long as you get it in before the end of the year, you should be fine
    Thank you so much! I saw a couple posts on here from last year's cycle and they seem to be strict on the rolling deadline- I don't want to rush my application so i think I'll go for the direct TC. Thanks!

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 14, 2023
    I would say that it would make sense for you to apply for the direct training contract since you are working and I am sure you have a good chance of getting it. I would just inquire (maybe by talking to people who are future trainee at the firm) how many people they usually recruit from the vacation scheme or the training contract. Since few people usually get into a firm through the direct training contract route, I would just make sure as to what chances do you have.

Ideally, if they allow it, you could apply to the summer vacation scheme and also to the direct training contract. I would check on the website and see if this is something you could do. I understand that you are busy but I feel like this would give you more chances. Of course, I am just speculating here so talking to trainees or future trainees who went through the process might be the best bet here.

Good luck with the process!

Reactions: missingh

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.