TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

BM99

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Sep 12, 2021
what are the next steps? could you pls elaborate?
Hey it’s just an email. But according to other threads some people seem to receive this, and some don’t. So makes me wonder whether it’s a sign of whether you passed the SJT

Dear XXX,

Thank you for taking the time to apply and complete the interactive assessment. We hope that it has given you an insight into the working environment and types of situations you may encounter as a trainee lawyer at Allen & Overy.

Our team is now reviewing your application and you should expect to hear an outcome from us as soon as possible.

A&O Early Careers Recruitment Team

futuretraineesolicitor

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Dec 14, 2019
Hey it’s just an email. But according to other threads some people seem to receive this, and some don’t. So makes me wonder whether it’s a sign of whether you passed the SJT

Dear XXX,

Thank you for taking the time to apply and complete the interactive assessment. We hope that it has given you an insight into the working environment and types of situations you may encounter as a trainee lawyer at Allen & Overy.

Our team is now reviewing your application and you should expect to hear an outcome from us as soon as possible.

A&O Early Careers Recruitment Team
Thanks for clarifying.

Reactions: 191919191

BM99

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Sep 12, 2021
I thought it wasn't too bad (although the feedback report I got afterwards seemed to think differently 🤣 ). Only got 'good ability' for the verbal and numerical parts somehow, so expecting PFO! (Love my positive attitude!)
I’m not even sure the numerical and verbal part will play a huge part in the outcome LOL

EliteWhovian

Legendary Member
  • Dec 8, 2022
    I thought it wasn't too bad (although the feedback report I got afterwards seemed to think differently 🤣 ). Only got 'good ability' for the verbal and numerical parts somehow, so expecting PFO! (Love my positive attitude!)
    you mean the applied ones? if you scroll down to the lawyers of the future skills you'll see some more good things!

• Haha
    Reactions: bibss

futuretrainee202X

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 28, 2022
    I wouldn't stress out over the SJT test (including guessing what that response email meant; FYI I received a differently worded one) now that it's over. We will know the results very soon anyway! Best of luck to everyone this cycle :)

Reactions: 191919191

Moe

Star Member
  • Dec 24, 2019
    I’m not even sure the numerical and verbal part will play a huge part in the outcome LOL
    I tried to scour the forum yesterday to find anyone who reached the next stage of the process with a “good” in verbal and numerical reasoning and couldn’t find any. That’s what I got, and I’m trying to be positive by simply forgetting I ever applied 😅

Reactions: bibss

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.