TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

aspiringlawyer47

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • May 27, 2022
    Hi, I did receive an invite for an HR telephone interview, but I do not know what to expect tbh, what about you?
    Omg congratulations! Still waiting on a decision following my test. I have been to a couple of events though so can have a look to see if I have any notes on what the interview might be like. When did you apply/do the test? I’m assuming you heard back today?

Dumbledore

Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jul 15, 2022
    Omg congratulations! Still waiting on a decision following my application. I have been to a couple of events though so can have a look to see if I have any notes on what the interview might be like. When did you apply/do the test? I’m assuming you heard back today?
    I'd be very grateful if you can please.

I did the test last week Thursday or Friday and I heard back a couple of days ago

Reactions: Legalstalker

aspiringlawyer47

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • May 27, 2022
    I'd be very grateful if you can please.

I did the test last week Thursday or Friday and I heard back a couple of days ago
    So the interview is going to be strengths based as well, from what I remember. The key strengths they are looking for are business awareness, self awareness, analytical skills, enthusiasm, results driven, work ethic, time management, responsibility, communication and team work. You can demonstrate the strengths through sports clubs, volunteering, positions of responsibility, societies and work experience. They made it clear that their recruitment is through strengths and not competencies (to make it more inclusive). They will also go through your motivations for applying to the firm. The phone interview may actually be a VI? I can’t remember but I’m sure I heard grad rec say this but I might be wrong! They’ve got an employability series in January regarding the other half of their recruitment process (phone interview, AC and partner interview) but they haven’t released the dates/registration and it might be after your call. Hope this helps!

Legalstalker

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • Oct 9, 2023
    So the interview is going to be strengths based as well, from what I remember. The key strengths they are looking for are business awareness, self awareness, analytical skills, enthusiasm, results driven, work ethic, time management, responsibility, communication and team work. You can demonstrate the strengths through sports clubs, volunteering, positions of responsibility, societies and work experience. They made it clear that their recruitment is through strengths and not competencies (to make it more inclusive). They will also go through your motivations for applying to the firm. The phone interview may actually be a VI? I can’t remember but I’m sure I heard grad rec say this but I might be wrong! They’ve got an employability series in January regarding the other half of their recruitment process (phone interview, AC and partner interview) but they haven’t released the dates/registration and it might be after your call. Hope this helps!
    Doing the lords work with all that helpful info 👏🏽

Shreya Verma

Valued Member
    Sep 4, 2023
    What is the feedback and review email? I got a feedback report automatically and now got a "feedback and next steps" - it seems like an automated email so not sure it means much more than just that they've started looking at it no?
    I too have received that email which basically means that we have passed the interactive assessment and they're now reviewing our applications.

Shreya Verma

Valued Member
    Sep 4, 2023
    Hey,

I sent an application for CC TC yesterday at like 9pm.

I still haven’t received the invite for WGT.

I wondered if I should email them, or is it likely they would send it EOD because the hard deadline for test submissions is Sunday 26th.

I genuinely thought it was automatic…
    I submitted on 22nd and received the link within 6 hours. You should email them as you're running out of time.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.