TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

IwantaVacSchemePlz

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 17, 2023
hmmm, i think you are right, it would not make sense that it would indicate anything prior to them having communicated anything to us!
Mines had a green tick since applying. I don’t think it means anything, I think everyone should have it if your application is at “under review” stage (which mine has been since the moment I pressed submit)

Reactions: norothrow324 and bibss

Alicegreenbury

Premium Member
Aug 14, 2023
Can anyone help advise me about Slaughter and May. I applied for the Winter Workshop which I was successful at securing. However, I turned it down so I can attend White & Case's Winter Vacation Scheme. I am now just going to apply for the S&M TC which they said I could do. Does anyone know whether it is okay to just send in the same cover letter (obviously updated to reflect the fact that I am applying for the TC not WW). They won't consider it plagiarism or anything like that right? Time is of the essence so I want to make as minimal changes as possible. Any advice on this would be really helpful!

LegallyBrown

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
  • Jun 20, 2023
    Hey,

I sent an application for CC TC yesterday at like 9pm.

I still haven’t received the invite for WGT.

I wondered if I should email them, or is it likely they would send it EOD because the hard deadline for test submissions is Sunday 26th.

I genuinely thought it was automatic…

S87

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 4, 2018
    Hey,

I sent an application for CC TC yesterday at like 9pm.

I still haven’t received the invite for WGT.

I wondered if I should email them, or is it likely they would send it EOD because the hard deadline for test submissions is Sunday 26th.

I genuinely thought it was automatic…
    I think that they are slowly sending the WG to all the applicants. I believe that, last night, they were inundated with applications.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.