TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

Dumbledore

Gold Member
Premium Member
Jul 15, 2022
So the interview is going to be strengths based as well, from what I remember. The key strengths they are looking for are business awareness, self awareness, analytical skills, enthusiasm, results driven, work ethic, time management, responsibility, communication and team work. You can demonstrate the strengths through sports clubs, volunteering, positions of responsibility, societies and work experience. They made it clear that their recruitment is through strengths and not competencies (to make it more inclusive). They will also go through your motivations for applying to the firm. The phone interview may actually be a VI? I can’t remember but I’m sure I heard grad rec say this but I might be wrong! They’ve got an employability series in January regarding the other half of their recruitment process (phone interview, AC and partner interview) but they haven’t released the dates/registration and it might be after your call. Hope this helps!
Thank you so much! I really appreciate this!

Reactions: aspiringlawyer47

Samridhi Jain

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Feb 18, 2022
Hi, the only email I got from A&O was the "your feedback report" and nothing of the "next steps" sorta email - does that mean I did not pass the SJT? Or are they sending emails in batches? and if you did receive the email - when did you apply? I applied one day before the deadline and I haven't heard anything else from them yet. Should I email grad rec?

Shreya Verma

Valued Member
Sep 4, 2023
Hi, the only email I got from A&O was the "your feedback report" and nothing of the "next steps" sorta email - does that mean I did not pass the SJT? Or are they sending emails in batches? and if you did receive the email - when did you apply? I applied one day before the deadline and I haven't heard anything else from them yet. Should I email grad rec?
They're sending emails in batches so, you should wait for sometime. It doesn't matter when you applied. I sent the application on 7th October and completed the interactive assessment on 31st Oct. I received the "feedback and next steps" email yesterday.

Reactions: Samridhi Jain

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.