Fieldfisher Online Assessment

PSM

Esteemed Member
Aug 9, 2019
Yep :) Planning to do it tomorrow...and if all goes well, I think the telephone interview is the next round? I was thinking this would be competency-based with a couple of extra questions (e.g. why firm, commercial issue, why law etc.) but will cross the bridge when we get there (if at all haha)

Good luck with it!! Yep telephone interview is next. At the open evening grad rec said it was competency and strengths based :)

PSM

Esteemed Member
Aug 9, 2019
Thanks! Just did the test :) Did you get a confirmation email or something along those lines?

How did you find it? I received my feedback report the Monday after I did it (I also did it over the weekend). Then on the Tuesday I got an email from Grad rec saying they will review my test results and get back to me within 7 days!

KatieCCM

Star Member
Mar 12, 2019
How did you find it? I received my feedback report the Monday after I did it (I also did it over the weekend). Then on the Tuesday I got an email from Grad rec saying they will review my test results and get back to me within 7 days!

I think it went well - the same format as the Linklaters tests so nothing you can prepare for really. Look forward to getting my report and seeing if I get similar results to my Linklaters one!

Asmee DC

Valued Member
Future Trainee
Jan 17, 2019
Hi!

I just got an invitation to complete the online test. Do you recommend doing practice Watson Glaser tests first before completing the actual test?

If so, then which tests or resources would you suggest?

Thanks!

LegalNim

Legendary Member
Nov 14, 2019
Hi!

I just got an invitation to complete the online test. Do you recommend doing practice Watson Glaser tests first before completing the actual test?

If so, then which tests or resources would you suggest?

Thanks!
The test was mostly about your personality so there isn't a right or wrong answer. I assume the firm are looking for a range of people so will use these tests to make sure that they have a range of personality types going through the next round. Without knowing everyone else applying, you won't know whether they want you to be confident or considered etc. Just be yourself and hope for the best.

Reactions: Asmee DC

Biena

Distinguished Member
Nov 11, 2019
I've just done the tests, weirdly I found them harder than the Linklaters ones as with these there seemed to be more obvious 'good' options. Happy to help anyone who needs it!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.