Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Perfect, thank you - would that include topics cover or soft skills or both
Either is fine - but make sure it’s relevant to your application at the same time - eg I wouldn’t cover topics or skills the firm isn’t involved with/have an interest in.

hirene

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Feb 2, 2022
Got AC for sheffield cms but I got work trip that day lol.. cms said that's the only time slot they got so I'm in a difficult position to choose between my current role vs assessment centre - what do I say to my manager lol. Be honest and up front??? 😭

Reactions: axelbeugre

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
Got AC for sheffield cms but I got work trip that day lol.. cms said that's the only time slot they got so I'm in a difficult position to choose between my current role vs assessment centre - what do I say to my manager lol. Be honest and up front??? 😭
I would be honest as an assessment centre is such a major step to getting a training contract so keep them in the loop and highlight that this is an opportunity of a lifetime. Alternatively, I would personally do the assessment centre but it is your personal decision at the end of the day.

Good luck with it but congratulations on securing an assessment centre!!

Reactions: MrHubertLouis

prospectiveswitcher

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Aug 18, 2022
Very pedantic question but the prompt for the Freshfields personal statement is:
"In no more than 850 words, consider 'Why Me, Why Freshfields and Why Commercial Law' as the basis of your Personal Statement. You may wish to mention any positions of responsibility held at school, as well as work experience, achievements, interests or personal qualities you think are relevant."

Would it be OK to address this in the order of Why Commercial Law -> Why Me -> Why Freshfields. Probably overthinking it but thought to ask. @Jessica Booker ?

Reactions: axelbeugre

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.