TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Lola333

Star Member
Aug 27, 2023
It appears that nobody has heard back post-WG, based on a recent response to a post in this forum. Perhaps the individual on LinkedIn was fast-tracked following an insight scheme or something (?)
Haven’t seen anything on here, the 2 I’ve seen on LinkedIn did their 1st year scheme and were campus ambassadors, so that might be why they’ve been progressed first
I've just checked and you're right - the person did the 1st year scheme. Phew!

Reactions: Zi48 and bella98

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
can we bring a notebook to an assessment centre? @Jessica Booker
Yes, I would bring one anyway. If there is any issue with using it for a particular assessment, the graduate recruitment team will let you know. Depending on the task, they could also ask you to remove any pages if they disclose the exercises’ content, but there is absolutely no issue in bringing a note pad (or even a laptop) with you.

Reactions: futuretrainee2024

Lawdolphin

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2021
Those that have done the Reed Smith assessment, I was wondering if you knew whether they can see your screen ie if I wanted to make notes on word, can they see them? Also if I am using my phone as a calculator is that a problem? Finally, I was trying to work out if you can go in and out of the assessment as they say it doesn't need to be done in one sitting?

Last edited:

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi guys , if anyone has a completed the WFW VI, do you know how much time do we have to answer the questions? Thank you in advance
@Jessica Booker feel free to delete this post if I am breaching the forum rules.
Things like how much time you have to answer is fine to disclose on the forums - we just ask that people do not share the specific details of the questions posed, such as paraphrasing or posting the questions word for word.

Reactions: S87

RonRod13

Esteemed Member
Nov 18, 2023
I think this is the acknowledgment email, the holding email reads something like this:

"The Recruitment Committee has now reviewed your application and for the short term, we would like to place your application on hold. We will consider your application further towards the application deadline, 12 January 2024, at which time we will advise you as to whether or not you have been shortlisted for interview.

Again, may I thank you for your continued interest in Sullivan & Cromwell; we look forward to being in contact with you soon."
Strange, I never got that email. Looks like im so irrelevant to S&C that they cant even be bothered to put my application on hold or even rej me lol

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.