TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
Thank you for your reply! In the applications I have already submitted I included 10/18 subjects because I was not sure what to include and because the firms do not have GCSE requirements. Do you think that is a big issue?
It might be in the future so I would email the firm sending them the full list of courses at least you have quenched the risks that may arise. At this stage, it should not be a big issue though.

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 14, 2023
anyone heard from Bakers McKenzie post-OT? in their website, they said "Upon successful completion of the online test, you will be invited to a video interview, to respond to pre-recorded questions.", but i completed my Online test but i haven't heard back since then

• Dislike
Reactions: B.B.

livrobertson

Premium Member
Sep 23, 2023
Can I just ask how you know? the email they sent said its just a research exercise and presentation, and we basically did a watson glacer test for the previous stage
I fell into a rabbit hole of researching online after I received my invite and I am pretty sure it says on their website or something like that? I think they make us do it again to confirm our previous verbal reasoning test results!

Reactions: lbiro98

aspiringcatsolicitor

Jun 19, 2023
anyone heard from Bakers McKenzie post-OT? in their website, they said "Upon successful completion of the online test, you will be invited to a video interview, to respond to pre-recorded questions.", but i completed my Online test but i haven't heard back since then
Here's the email they sent out post-application!

Dear xxx

Thank you for taking the time to complete Baker McKenzie's online application form for a place on our Summer Vacation Scheme.

We will review applications on a rolling basis and you will be advised if you are successful to progressing to the next stage, an online test, by no later than 14 February 2024.

The next stage of the process will be a video interview and these will be sent to candidates in February 2024.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.