TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
Am I missing something or do you have to pay like £6k for access to The Lawyer lollll I was on it the other day and then a bunch of articles I clicked on were subscriber only? And there doesn't seem to be a personal subscription option - only for companies?
I use it through my law school information but yeah we cannot access everything the platform has to offer but the things that you can access are still quite interesting but if your university does not allow you to use it then it is not necessary. As I said, I never paid for any website and I was fine so do not worry about using it if you cannot.

AlegalA

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Dec 4, 2023
Hey I'm just completing my application for Hill Dickinson now, and they have two questions:
1. Why are you applying to Hill Dickinson for a training contract?
2. We offer sector-specific training contracts in each of our business services, health and marine groups. Why are you interested in a sector-specific training contract and why have you chosen this sector? i.e. business services, health or marine.

How have people tackled the first question? Obviously I can't really talk about specific sectors/ areas of law which they do well in, as that's the focus of the second question, so have focused more on the culture side of the firm, but I'm scared it's coming across as superficial. Any advice?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.