TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Legalstalker

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Oct 9, 2023
    Soo many WG, VI and AC invites this past week or so!

Well done everyone it’s such a huge achievement with such fierce competition given the amount of applications firms get. I don’t know any of you but super proud of you all 😃

And if you haven’t heard back don't let the PFO’s phase you I’ve had about 26 PFO’s this cycle and I’m still optimistic?😂 you only need 1 yes 😅

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 14, 2023
    What websites, courses or advice do people use or have for building commercial awareness?

I’ve currently been advised: Ziplaw, FT, investopedia & Finimize
    The Lawyer, the Economist and firms' websites and LinkedIn profiles are great too. Additionally, I tend to follow partners and associates from the law firms I am interested in and see what they like or the articles that they write on commercial topics and that is really good too in my opinion. The Lawyer is the best site though as it really gives an overview of what law firms work on and might be interested in. I did not use it when I was applying last year but I am using it now just for personal interest and I am mesmerised by how good it is. It would have been so helpful.

• Love
    • 🏆
    Reactions: atlas2425 and Legalstalker

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.