TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
Does anyone know how to find resources on passing video interviews? I’ve done 3 so far and been unsuccessful. I am trying to figure out what to include in the very short time period of speaking!
Hey @Mike Wazaoski,

I totally understand your frustration as video interviews are quite difficult and daunting, and it feel like they are very difficult to crack.
I did share some tips in a post and other people shared some tips as well on here which I think you might find very useful:

https://www.thecorporatelawacademy.com/forum/threads/how-to-prepare-for-a-law-firm-video-interview-a-step-by-step-guide-⭐️.8346/ and https://www.thecorporatelawacademy....ns-discussion-thread-2023-24.8037/post-151491

I hope these are helpful and good luck with the assessment!

os111

Jan 22, 2023
WBD say their AC’s will be through April and early May, i have plans to go travelling from mid April for a few months - obvs would postpone my plans if I got an AC but I don’t want to seem pushy by asking grad rec when we will find out. Worried that I’ll postpone my travel plans and then not get to AC and it will have been a waste - any advice on what I should do?

ikeRoss

Star Member
Sep 1, 2023
WBD say their AC’s will be through April and early May, i have plans to go travelling from mid April for a few months - obvs would postpone my plans if I got an AC but I don’t want to seem pushy by asking grad rec when we will find out. Worried that I’ll postpone my travel plans and then not get to AC and it will have been a waste - any advice on what I should do?

Not sure if there is much you can do apart from wait and see as they likely will not share any information until they have assessed all candidates.

I rushed to book a holiday for June only to then see that one of my top choices AC was on the day after I go, had to bite the bullet unfortunately

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
Also for the V&E VI, they can see how long you prep the answers for so I assume it would look bad if you spend a few days prepping, since they advise 1 minute prep time?
I think they refer to the time when you actually take the test, and not how many days after you receive the test you do the VI. They know that many candidates work full time and it is unlikely that they will do the test during their working hours and they will do it on the weekends. Personally, my work is killing me and even thinking about VIs after work my brain hurts.

Last edited:

Ali A

Legendary Member
  • Feb 28, 2022
    I think they refer to the time when you actually take the test, and not how many days after you receive the test you do the VI. They know that many candidates work full time and it is unlikely that they will do the test during their working hours and they will do it on the weekends. Personally, my work is killing me and even think about VIs after work my brain hurts.
    Hey, I am in the same position.

Do you know when the deadline is? I don't want to click on the link that says take me to the test but the overall email does not give a deadline.

Reactions: legalgrinch

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Need advice - I had an AC recently and the firm said they would get back to me within two weeks, which was on Tuesday, but I am yet to hear anything. Is this a bad sign? Should I call/email to follow up?
    wait until late on Monday next week, and then chase up. These things can be delayed for the simplest of reasons so it is not necessarily a bad sign.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.