TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

sibs23

Legendary Member
Jan 15, 2021
I think that works, you do not have to mention all their sectors so do not worry. Your interest in employment law is enough in my opinion.
Thanks, Axel. I included prof services as my sector of interest and then discussed employment and quality of training as separate motivations for my application. Happy to have it done and dusted now :)

FunmiO

Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 26, 2020
Hi,

Has anyone successfully completed an assessment centre for a vacation scheme with Trowers & Hamlins? If so, would you be happy to chat through your experience with the assessment centre and/or provide any tips?

Many thanks

DKLaw

Star Member
Feb 8, 2023
I think it’s possible, a lot of people don’t have much legal work experience as it’s hard to get.

You might be underselling your experiences. Online gigs are still work experience, and content creation would be great to talk about imo as I think it’s quite a unique experience you’ve had. All the roles you’ve mentioned will definitely have some transferable skills that would be helpful for law. I’ve just searched ‘key skills for content creation’ and things like research and analytical skills, and creativity are some things that have come up, but there are a lot more too.

If you aren’t already, maybe try to really highlight how those roles have helped you develop skills that will help you as a lawyer
Thank you for giving examples :) I do mention some of these skills like research & communication , but I have to admit that I haven’t explained how they will be helpful to my career in law. I’ll try to improve on that aspect.

Reactions: Zi48 and Sharon Wu

Aga123+

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Aug 2, 2021
    Does anyone know if there is an online version of the Jake Schogger 'Commercial Law Handbook'? Can't really wait 2 days delivery for a paperback...

You might want to try some of his online courses - particularly M&A and the one on case studies - the information provided is quite similar to what is found in the books.

I have almost all his books now and sometimes use the courses to help supplement the info in the books with visual learning.

• 🤝
    Reactions: Legalstalker

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.