TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

sxw517

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    How do you guys brush up on contract law before an interview, are there certain aspects you look at which come up more often? OR, do you just go over the whole module brushing up on areas you don't know as well? It's over a year since I studied it for the law conversion and with AC season coming up, I'm trying to work out the best way to go over it.

Any suggestions are welcome! :)

jplaw1010

Legendary Member
    Apr 11, 2023
    No idea ! 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Last year they sent out holding emails to everyone who completed the VI (VI was the 3rd stage of the process rather than combined with SJT) and gave out ACs to everybody at the same time. Either they have: (i) sent out all their ACs and those with holding emails will be PFO'd on Friday; (ii) sent out ACs to the highest scoring candidates; (iii) waiting for AC holders to book/drop out; (iv) they're sending out ACs as they are reviewing results and VI responses (unlikely considering the number of applicants who progressed to the next stage).

Seven

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    May 15, 2022
    Well Reed Smith is definitely going in the rejection pile :( 4 rejections in one day is a new record for me😭
    Someone had raised a good point to me earlier and mentioned that Reed Smith invites 70 candidates to AC (according to Chambers Student). So I don't think we should worry for now, possibly like what @sxw517 said, they must have invited the higher candidates first.

Attachments

• 1707156319807.png
      1707156319807.png
      143.5 KB · Views: 97

Ghassen

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 24, 2022
    Someone had raised a good point to me earlier and mentioned that Reed Smith invites 70 candidates to AC (according to Chambers Student). So I don't think we should worry for now, possibly like what @sxw517 said, they must have invited the higher candidates first.
    What about asking in the specific Reed Smith thread ? If they’re still sending out ACs or not ?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.