Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

J Wu

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2018
Ah really sorry to hear! Can I ask what scheme you were applying for and when you did it? Confident 2020 will be the year for you my friend :)
Thanks Daniel! I was applying for the summer scheme but I don't think there is any distinction for the purposes of the process.

Applied 4 Nov, received test invite 3 Dec, received telephone interview invite 16 Dec, had telephone interview yesterday

Last edited:
  • ℹ️
Reactions: Biena

Mariya

Nov 30, 2019
Sadly, I have no idea - this is the first year that DAC has introduced the VI stage. I can only assume that it might be similar to the ones that are used by other law firms.
Hi All! I also got an invite for the video interview from DAC Beachcroft but I am concerned there is no deadline mentioned within the email. I am currently travelling and unable to complete it. I emailed the grad recruitment team letting them know I will not be able to complete it until I am back in UK but since its the holidays, I have not heard anything back. Anyone dealt with this situation before?

Mariya

Nov 30, 2019
CC rejection here as well on December 18th! My rejection included this: "You may be interested in the following Undergraduate of the Year awards which we are sponsoring in 2020" and considering i am a postgraduate student and it definitely does not apply to my situation, i am guessing this is an automated response everyone gets.
Super bummed out but oh well! All the best to those who got through!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi All! I also got an invite for the video interview from DAC Beachcroft but I am concerned there is no deadline mentioned within the email. I am currently travelling and unable to complete it. I emailed the grad recruitment team letting them know I will not be able to complete it until I am back in UK but since its the holidays, I have not heard anything back. Anyone dealt with this situation before?

You'll hear back soon - it doesn't help that it's the holidays as most people are still out of the office until today or Monday.

Unfortunately it's difficult to say what the deadline is. Some forms will put a number of days on as a deadline, as a matter of fairness to all candidates, others will have a define just based on their recruitment schedule.

Is there no way you can do it while you are abroad? All you’d need is a device and wifi.

D95

Valued Member
Premium Member
Sep 17, 2019

The deadline is actually 10 January! If you click on the link that is provided within the email inviting you to VI, it will redirect you to the page that specifies that you will have until 10 January to complete it :)

(Please do double check it, though - I believe the deadline should be the same for everyone but it is still best to make sure yourself!)

Reactions: Ayo Babatunde
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.