TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

ADKM

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 2, 2022
did anyone else just apply for nrf and not get an application confirmation lol do law firms just hate sending me confirmations <3
Yeah, it’s the same situation for me. Sent in the application but didn’t get any confirmation that NRF received my application. Best to wait till today evening, hopefully they send the confirmation email as it could be that their systems don’t work/respond on Sunday, just my assumption

SR99

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 5, 2021
    Yeah, it’s the same situation for me. Sent in the application but didn’t get any confirmation that NRF received my application. Best to wait till today evening, hopefully they send the confirmation email as it could be that their systems don’t work/respond on Sunday, just my assumption
    did anyone else just apply for nrf and not get an application confirmation lol do law firms just hate sending me confirmations <3
    I submitted my app at at 11ish and got a confirmation at 12! It was from [email protected]

law2022x

Legendary Member
    Feb 21, 2022
    At what point do we start chasing HogLov? I applied in mid-January…
    i feel like as long as others have also not heard back, which we haven’t, it’s best to just wait… there must be something going on internally and im always bit cautious about inadvertently causing a firm to reject me which is just about my own anxieties but i’d just wait and only contact them once others start hearing back

futuretraineesolicitor

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Dec 14, 2019
    i feel like as long as others have also not heard back, which we haven’t, it’s best to just wait… there must be something going on internally and im always bit cautious about inadvertently causing a firm to reject me which is just about my own anxieties but i’d just wait and only contact them once others start hearing back
    i got rejected a couple of weeks back so that definitely means they're screening apps. good luck to you as i feel no news is good news

Chiddi

Oct 30, 2019
    How does one go about successfully securing their first paralegal position? I am really struggling to find openings for those with no prior experience as a paralegal. I have two degrees and a considerable amount of other work experience that I think will help my application (if I can actually find one I am eligible for!)...
    Try the civil service website for paralegal positions, they tend to hire without experience in the legal industry. From there you can build legal skills and work experience.

Reactions: mp2000

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.