Mayer Brown Tests

Lumree

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Highest Rated Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    Hi all,

I’ve just submitted my Mayer Brown VS application and I was under the impression there would be online tests immediately following. However, all I’ve received is a confirmation email with no mention of tests.

Has anyone else applied? Did you receive tests immediately? Or not at all?

Thanks!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi all,

I’ve just submitted my Mayer Brown VS application and I was under the impression there would be online tests immediately following. However, all I’ve received is a confirmation email with no mention of tests.

Thanks!

A lot of firms check whether you are eligible to apply first before inviting you to tests. This is a fairly easy process but obviously needs someone in the office to do so.

Reactions: Lumree

Oliver Gilliland

Distinguished Member
    Sep 6, 2018
    Hi all,

Thanks!

I believe the online test is Stage 2 in the application process for Mayer Brown, so your appication has to be progressed by Grad Rec. It took me 18 days to hear back from mine.

Lumree

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Highest Rated Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    I believe the online test is Stage 2 in the application process for Mayer Brown, so your appication has to be progressed by Grad Rec. It took me 18 days to hear back from mine.

Interesting. To me, the website suggested it was both at the same time. It does make sense for the tests to be ‘stage 2’ though so thank you for your input!

Lea.E-R

Dec 25, 2019
    Interesting. To me, the website suggested it was both at the same time. It does make sense for the tests to be ‘stage 2’ though so thank you for your input!

I actually understood the very same, but I had to wait 1 month to receive the invite (application: 20/11 - invitation to tests: 23/12). + The email reads the following : 'I am pleased to inform you that we would like to progress you to the next stage in our recruitment process.'
    Now I am wondering if HR will screen our applications once again or if we will automatically be invited to the AC if we pass the threshold. I did not do that well to be honest but well...!

Lumree

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Highest Rated Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    I actually understood the very same, but I had to wait 1 month to receive the invite (application: 20/11 - invitation to tests: 23/12). + The email reads the following : 'I am pleased to inform you that we would like to progress you to the next stage in our recruitment process.'
    Now I am wondering if HR will screen our applications once again or if we will automatically be invited to the AC if we pass the threshold. I did not do that well to be honest but well...!

Congrats! I’m still waiting but fingers crossed.

• 🤝
    Reactions: Lea.E-R

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.