TCLA Community Assistant
Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
My mood is all about the place at the moment.
One minute I feel very grateful for my own circumstances and feel energised by the thought on helping others and seeing the opportunity of having time to do things I haven't been able to do for a long time. The next minute I am freaking out about how quiet it is in London (I am completely used to noise/bustle/traffic/everything being open 24/7) and how despite being a very independent person (live on my own, work on my own etc), the ability to not have complete freedom to do what I want feels slightly suffocating.
If you are feeling demotivated and don't want to make application, don't beat yourself up about it - you are allowed to feel that way in these circumstances. Your decision not to make an application now will not affect your future - you literally have 45+ years of your working life in front of you and that will be influenced by many more matters than how you feel right now. If things come to you either a week, month or year later than you expect, I personally wouldn't worry about it - its better to make the right choices at the right time rather than the wrong choices right now.
One minute I feel very grateful for my own circumstances and feel energised by the thought on helping others and seeing the opportunity of having time to do things I haven't been able to do for a long time. The next minute I am freaking out about how quiet it is in London (I am completely used to noise/bustle/traffic/everything being open 24/7) and how despite being a very independent person (live on my own, work on my own etc), the ability to not have complete freedom to do what I want feels slightly suffocating.
If you are feeling demotivated and don't want to make application, don't beat yourself up about it - you are allowed to feel that way in these circumstances. Your decision not to make an application now will not affect your future - you literally have 45+ years of your working life in front of you and that will be influenced by many more matters than how you feel right now. If things come to you either a week, month or year later than you expect, I personally wouldn't worry about it - its better to make the right choices at the right time rather than the wrong choices right now.