General Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zayn

• Nov 13, 2019
    Eleanor is on maternity leave. Check on LinkedIn..they have announced it today
    She has been on maternity leave for some time now. However, Trowers only just announced it on Linkedin. Her Assistant is the now main Recruitment co-ordinator. Reading some of the posts on the forum gave the impression that there has been some kind of internal disagreement in the firm and the recruitment Manager has been blamed for AC dates fiasco. Thank you for the clarification. I just wanted to confirm that the Recruitment Manager has not left the job or anything. She is only on her maternity leave.

TYP

May 14, 2020
    She has been on maternity leave for some time now. However, Trowers only just announced it on Linkedin. Her Assistant is the now main Recruitment co-ordinator. Reading some of the posts on the forum gave the impression that there has been some kind of internal disagreement in the firm and the recruitment Manager has been blamed for AC dates fiasco. Thank you for the clarification. I just wanted to confirm that the Recruitment Manager has not left the job or anything. She is only on her maternity leave.

Alice was never the assistant, she is a direct hire from NRF. Like you mentioned Eleanor was on maternity leave last year as she said so at the university event and how she was getting back in the swing of things.

Just to add; after emailing for feedback, I got an email this morning that I am not actually rejected (or atleast not yet) and the email regarding not applying to the TC was sent out in error.

One of my friend has been offered VS from the Birmingham office yesterday. However, it's subject to Covid 19 situation and could be pushed back to August.

Considering they were hiring for March and September 2021 it does seem like they may have auto rejected everyone without the LPC complete as it clearly just would never work.

ZA

Dec 30, 2018
    I heard back from Trowers today and was offered a place on the London VS. Good luck!

Alice was never the assistant, she is a direct hire from NRF. Like you mentioned Eleanor was on maternity leave last year as she said so at the university event and how she was getting back in the swing of things.

Just to add; after emailing for feedback, I got an email this morning that I am not actually rejected (or atleast not yet) and the email regarding not applying to the TC was sent out in error.

Considering they were hiring for March and September 2021 it does seem like they may have auto rejected everyone without the LPC complete as it clearly just would never work.

Zoo

Esteemed Member
    Future Trainee
    Apr 21, 2019
    Does anyone know how Weil typically assesses candidates on their vacation schemes (pre-2020)?

I read somewhere that they do a pitch presentation, negotiation exercise, partner interview and a written exercise but the post was from 2013 so I'm wondering if they've made any changes since then.

• Dislike
    Reactions: Lr1
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.