General Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarathonNotaSprint

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Did someone here say they already have a VI invite from shoosmiths? I did not even know they were already giving out invites
Hey, I was just on their Instagram live featuring their grad rec, Sam. I asked her about this and she said they're currently screening applications and that we shouldn't be worried if we haven't heard anything yet. They're still getting back to people :)
Best of luck!

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
Ah, never mind. If it's a relevant question still, I could ask them to see if they could offer any insight?
Thank you for your offer..but I am seriously considering to change my topic for the commercial awareness question. Someone advised me that I might be examined in depth about the topic and I am now scared.

AH9891

Valued Member
Jan 11, 2020
Wiggin has postponed their AC to next summer as they rather want to meet people in person (in case anyone applied there). It will still be for the 2022 intake. Not sure how that will work with the GDL and LPC/SQE considering they do sponsor their trainees for those...

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Thank you for your offer..but I am seriously considering to change my topic for the commercial awareness question. Someone advised me that I might be examined in depth about the topic and I am now scared.

being “examined in depth” isn’t going to be about you knowing everything about the topic. It will be about showing interest in the matter, being able to analyse and make judgements on your feet. Being able to recite factual information is of no interest to anyone. So make sure what you choose is within your comfort zone - you don’t have to be a subject matter expert

LuNo

Star Member
Future Trainee
Junior Lawyer 33
Mar 15, 2020
Wiggin has postponed their AC to next summer as they rather want to meet people in person (in case anyone applied there). It will still be for the 2022 intake. Not sure how that will work with the GDL and LPC/SQE considering they do sponsor their trainees for those...

Hi! I also applied to Wiggin and got that email! I think if they interview in June future trainees could still be able to start their LPC in September! Otherwise they could always ask you to start in February for the fast track one! I'm sure it will be fine :) Good luck with all your applications!

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
being “examined in depth” isn’t going to be about you knowing everything about the topic. It will be about showing interest in the matter, being able to analyse and make judgements on your feet. Being able to recite factual information is of no interest to anyone. So make sure what you choose is within your comfort zone - you don’t have to be a subject matter expert
Thank you very much

W

Legendary Member
May 12, 2019
So they won’t be doing an AC until summer 2021?

Reactions: LuNo
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.