General Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

s.k.o

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
Hey everyone, has anyone used their phone for a Video Interview? How did it go? I think my phone has a better camera than my laptop. I want to use my phone on a tripod to avoid video quality issues.

hd112211

• Feb 20, 2021
    Hey everyone, has anyone used their phone for a Video Interview? How did it go? I think my phone has a better camera than my laptop. I want to use my phone on a tripod to avoid video quality issues.
    I’ve never done it, but it might depend entirely on the VI system being used. If it’s the kind that asks you consecutive questions with only a few seconds pause in between to read the next question then this might not be feasible on a mobile device (be it front or rear camera). You won’t be able to read the question if you are using the rear camera or it might be too small to see using the front.

If the VI system just requires you to record video clip answers to set questions then it sounds feasible to use a mobile device. Although all the VI’s I’ve done were of the former variety.

s.k.o

Star Member
    Jan 14, 2019
    I’ve never done it, but it might depend entirely on the VI system being used. If it’s the kind that asks you consecutive questions with only a few seconds pause in between to read the next question then this might not be feasible on a mobile device (be it front or rear camera). You won’t be able to read the question if you are using the rear camera or it might be too small to see using the front.

If the VI system just requires you to record video clip answers to set questions then it sounds feasible to use a mobile device. Although all the VI’s I’ve done were of the former variety.
    Thanks for your reply. I decided to set up my phone as a webcam while still using my desktop.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.