Linklaters 2019/20 Application

jk0901

Jul 19, 2020
Hi,
Can someone help me with the minimum cut off for WG test (if there is any). I have applied for the Vac scheme and my WG test result is below average. Would that mean I have no chance of getting an interview call?

Anthony Abloh

Esteemed Member
May 24, 2020
Hi,
Can someone help me with the minimum cut off for WG test (if there is any). I have applied for the Vac scheme and my WG test result is below average. Would that mean I have no chance of getting an interview call?

If they do have a strict pass mark, none of us will know what it is, but if you look in this thread, you will find people who ranked in the 40th percentile and below who were invited to an AC so I wouldn't rule yourself out. From what I have read, they place quite a heavy emphasis on the Capp test, so if you have done well on that you could still have a good chance.

Reactions: jk0901

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Hi,
no one will know this outside the Linklaters grad rec team. Firms do not publish or state their benchmark percentiles and tbh it may not always be as crude as this - Links have the WG and the assessment tasks and I imagine these are reviewed in tandem.

Reactions: jk0901 and Daniel Boden

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi,

when you say “below average” what do you mean?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.