Hi!
Bit of an odd question for everyone. I had an interview this morning and the partner was VERY eager on what other offers I had or could get (delayed vac schemes). He was pushing me to actually feel very uncomfortable as he asked this 4 times in different ways. "Where else have you applied", "what would you do if you got 2 or more offers" "When do you expect to receive other offers".
This really threw me off as these were the first questions he asked and I feel the rest of the interview was a complete car crash as I was worrying whether he wanted me to say I had not applied anywhere else. Does anyone have any experience with whether saying you have had/will have vacation schemes actually is a negative? I can see it going both ways but I was hoping someone who has been through this can shed some light onto why these questions are asked.
Also it will probably stop me refreshing my email and ringing my voicemail every 10 min "JUST INCASE".
Bit of an odd question for everyone. I had an interview this morning and the partner was VERY eager on what other offers I had or could get (delayed vac schemes). He was pushing me to actually feel very uncomfortable as he asked this 4 times in different ways. "Where else have you applied", "what would you do if you got 2 or more offers" "When do you expect to receive other offers".
This really threw me off as these were the first questions he asked and I feel the rest of the interview was a complete car crash as I was worrying whether he wanted me to say I had not applied anywhere else. Does anyone have any experience with whether saying you have had/will have vacation schemes actually is a negative? I can see it going both ways but I was hoping someone who has been through this can shed some light onto why these questions are asked.
Also it will probably stop me refreshing my email and ringing my voicemail every 10 min "JUST INCASE".